Now is the time to join or renew for the 2011 season on Active.com. It’s just 25.00 for adults or 10.00 for full-time students and juniors (under 18). Here’s the link: http://www.active.com/more-sports-membership/branford-ct/force5-racing-team-2011
Tomorrow should be a beautiful day, please stop by for all or part of the following:
10:00(ish) Group ride starting from my house (5 Union St. Branford)
11:00 (or whenever riders get back) Bike 101 (bring your bikes and gear…plus lots of questions to ask the experts!)
12:00-on BBQ (plenty of food and beer up for grabs!)
I’m attaching directions we put together for a party we had last summer…not sure where everyone is coming from! Call me with any questions…488-1732!
Direction to Erin’s House
Let’s go for THIS SUNDAY 5/16, which seems to be the date most people can do. Please rsvp if you are going to ride first starting at 10 a.m…my house to Stony Creek is 20 miles or to Guilford Center is 30. As much as I want to, I will not be riding as I’m still recovering from my concussion/neck injury.
The bike 101 part will start approximately 11:30 (or when everyone is back from the ride). Steve and Ed said they are available for some mentoring, plus my neighbor John (the pro cyclist). We’ll start the grill for a bbq lunch (burgers, dogs, veggie burgers)…any other requests for food? Beer?
See everyone on Sunday! Looks like great weather too!
Posted in Uncategorized
John Naizby reports that the dome is closed tonight.
If you aren’t currently on our Google Group email list, and that’s how we keep in touch with each other and plan our workouts, go to http://groups.google.com/group/Force5 and click on either Sign-in and Request Membership or Contact Owner
– Masters swims at the Aquadome from 7:30 to 8:30 every Tues and Thurs. evening
– Monday night swims at Lake Quannipaug will start up in June
– Wednesday night Yoga with our own Amy at Zanes in Branford, 6:45 – 7:45.
– Sunday Morning Yoga at Zanes with Amy from 9:00 – 10 am (we stop in the late spring)
– Wednesday Night group ride from the Walsh Middle School, leaving at 6:00 pm, starting up soon.
– Saturday morning long training ride starting at the Pine Orchard Club in Branford. Current a 9:00 AM start.
– Ask any of the early risers from Madison about daily early morning workouts starting out from the Madison Starbucks!
– Sunday the Guilford running group ‘Podunk Pounders” meet as a group at 8:00 AM at the Guilford town hall.